Sherwin-Williams has announced the 2015 Color of the Year
. The winner is the upbeat, optimistic Coral Reef (SW 6606).This color is an uplifting, vivacious hue with floral notes; the perfect mélange of pink, orange and red that can be used to liven up any space.
“Coral Reef embodies a cheerful approach to design that we’re seeing for the coming year. Its unexpected versatility brings life to a range of design aesthetics, whether traditional, vintage, cottage or contemporary,” explains Jackie Jordan, Sherwin-Williams director of color marketing.
I love Coral Reef. It can easily be added to residential or commercial spaces and promotes a person’s creativity.
Here are some design ideas on how you can incorporate the lovely color, Coral Reef into your luxury home:
- Let the color stand by itself on a single accent wall or front door for a pop of color.
- Pair with complementary colors as Color Reef’s outgoing personality begs for company.
- Have a piece of furniture painted this color as a great accent piece.
- Driftwood, medium wood tones and metal finishes also complement its flower-garden hue.
- For vintage quality that’s hard to beat, Coral Reef and aged matte brass make a perfect pair.
- I also love Coral Reef with anything in the grey tones, think charcoal or deep grey.
- color reef in action!
Last year’s color was Exclusive Plum (SW 6263), a sophisticated violet, that is so versatile; it can be used in a variety of spaces. Just don’t pair it with this year’s Coral Reef!
Check out this article to see all the color trends for 2015, to use both inside and outside your estate. Whether you are looking to use traditional colors such as white or beige, or you want to use the most popular paint colors in 2015, like Coral Reef, there are many shades to choose from.
If you are looking for a new home in Napa Valley, or are contemplating selling your estate in this area, please be sure to take a look at my comprehensive website. I can be reached at 415.516.3939 or via email at Ginger@GingerMartin.com
. Meantime, please LIKE me on FaceBook
! Looking forward to finding out what you thing of the 2015 color of the year!
Header Photo Source: sherwin-williams.com