I love the e-zine that delivers intelligence on dining & nightlife, shopping & fashion, and design & real estate to an affluent and influential urban audience.
Each year, this trendy publication searches for the very best, brightest young talent in the design world. To make sure the list is accurate and the winners are in fact the best in the US, the editors select a jury of experts
to shift through hundreds of public nominations before announcing their list of Top Young Guns in design. The 2014 list includes a diverse a suite of community builders
, and neighborhood revivalists
The winners include a wide variety of designers including furniture makers, green-roof growers, structural engineers, and, what Curbed calls the “people who make community spaces out of refrigerators.” Every winner is 35 or under, currently employed in the United States, and shows extraordinary promise. These are the designers to watch, who will be setting the trends in the future for all sorts of designs! Be sure to sign up for Curbed National
so you can read about the winners in daily stories.
THE CURBED YOUNG GUNS CLASS OF 2014
- Nick Gelpi, Founder and Principal Designer at Gelpi Projects
- Denise Cherry, Principal Interior Designer and Director of Design at Studio O+A
- Justin Rice + Kagan Taylor, Designers, Builders, and Co-Founders of Knowhow Shop
- Hunter Leggitt, Designer/Builder/Mad Scientist, Founder of Hunter Leggitt Studio
- Molly Meyer, Founder and CEO at Omni Ecosystems
- Katie MacDonald + Kyle Schumann, Co-Founders of After Architecture
- Elizabeth Timme, Architect and Activist at LA-Más
- Lindsey Scannapieco, Urban Designer/Developer, Founder of Scout
- Adam Jordan, Project Architect at Bates-Masi Architects
- Matthew Holdren, Designer/Fabricator, Founder of Matthew Holdren Design
I highly recommend you subscribe to Curbed National and stay informed on a variety of topics that definitely affect your lifestyle. You might also want to sign up for the San Francisco edition too, as it frequently has stories about Napa. Meantime, if you are looking to relocate in Napa, be sure to take a look at my comprehensive website and call me at 415.516.3939 or via email at Ginger@GingerMartin.com
. Meantime, please LIKE me on FaceBook!
Header Photo Source: curbed.com