1) Do you want to be involved in the creative process and if so, at what level?
2) Do you want to help with product research?
3) Are you seeking guidance, or only in need of assistance with planning and resources?
4) Are you a visual person or a tactile person? The answer to that questions will tell you whether you will be satisfied seeing photos of products, or need to actually look over everything up close and in-person.
5) Do you want to look at many choices or just few select ideas?
6) Are you open to other’s input when it comes to your living space or do you need a designer as more of a person to bounce ideas off of?
7) Do you make quick decisions or do you tend to go back and forth?
8) What is your ideal deadline for the project?
After you have completed this soul searching questionnaire, use the info you uncovered to interview prospective candidates. A good way to begin is to clarify the credentials of potential interior designers. Unlike architecture, which requires years of schooling and rigorous licensing requirements, the world of interior design is much less governed. Make sure anyone you hire has passed a strict exam given by the National Council on Interior Design, NCIDQ. You will feel at peace throughout the entire project knowing the person you hire can legally refer to themselves as designers.
According to the Council, “interior design includes a scope of services performed by a professional design practitioner, qualified by means of education, experience and examination, to protect and enhance the life, health, safety and welfare of the public.”
Not only will a licensed professional interior designer be concerned about aesthetics and style, they will also be able to guide you with safety questions, building codes, lighting and other important part of the decorating process.
If you want to review a complete list of luxury interior designers in and around Napa Valley, check out this list. If you are looking to buy or sell a luxury home in Napa Valley or Sonoma Valley, check out my comprehensive website and please contact me at 415.516.3939, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Looking forward to meeting you and learning about your needs regarding real estate.